We would like to acknowledge the following individuals and institutions for their contributions
to the Mycology Collections data Portal (MyCoPortal):
• The US National Science Foundation (NSF), which awarded support for a collaborative effort of US herbaria (the Macrofungi Collection Consortium - MaCC)
to database ca. 1.4 million macrofungi specimens from North America
(NSF ADBC 1206197).
The data from MaCC will be made accessible through MyCoPortal.
• Ed Gilbert, developer of Symbiota Virtual Flora Software that gives MyCoPortal its functionality.
Financial support for software development has also come the NSF (ABI 0743827).
• Paul Kirk, assisted in the creation of the MyCoPortal taxonomic structure (the "taxonomic thesaurus") by providing resources from Index Fungorum.
• The Integrated Digitized Biocollections Hub (iDigBio), which provides resources for the Advancing Digitization of
Biological Collections (ADBC) project funded by the National Science Foundation.
• Numerous herbaria, whose tremendous efforts through the Macrofungi Collection Consortium are reflected in the data that is accessible through MyCoPortal
(click here for a list of participating institutions).
• Citizen mycologists and mycological societies, who have contributed data and photographs of field specimens, and whose names appear in credits for the numerous checklists and images available on MyCoPortal.